Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oh Where, Oh Where

has the summer gone?
September already!
The days are warm, and the nights cool.

Open window weather.
I love it!Fall is definitely on the way.

The reason for my long absence from blog land
is
"all Shirley's fault".
My dear friend, from CA, came for a visit.

We went to high
school together,
back in the covered
wagon days.
Her nine day visit went by so fast.
Most of it was spent rocking on
the porch,
sipping sweet tea, remin
iscing.

Here she is loving "Sweet Bogey".
Bogey is our grand dog.
He is spending some time at PaPa & Grandma's house
until baby Piper gets older.

We had to make a trip out to the Apple Butter House!
Here junkin pal Kellie and owner Caroline are with Shirley
hamming it up for me.


Shirley is a wonderful-wonderful cook.
She cooked her little heart out in my kitchen.
Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes with creamy gravy,

fresh green be
ans with bacon.
Steak flambeau, (intentional fire in my kitchen)
twice stuffed potatoes, steamed veggies.

And, of course, farm fresh sweet corn at every meal.
I swear we gained 10 lbs....each!

Here is her tasty Mexican Stuffed Shells.
(I forgot to add 1 pkg of manicotti shells to the recipe copy).
It was so-so good. Give it a try.

Click on the image to enlarge for easier reading.

Love this line of fabric...Flower Sugar by Lecien !
So summery and bright.
We each pieced a Turning Twenty Again quilt this week.
A sweet reminder of her WI visit.


QUILT SHOW TIME!

Love the Fall colors and raw edge applique.


Would you look at this cute table runner!


The cake & presents are adorable!
So fun to quilt.


The latest picture of my grandbabies.
They're growing up so fast.
Our oldest is a teenager.
Eeek.
Dustin (#3) is missing from this photo.
(He was home sick).


Hope this finds you healthy & happy!
I won't stay away so long next time, I promise.



2 comments:

  1. I don't know!!! Looks as though you had fun with your friend! Thanks for the recipe. I make salsa and will be use with the other ingredients--Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time spent with your friend. The quilts are beautiful. I have yet to cut into my Flower Sugar. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!