Monday, October 25, 2010

Oh where should I start...

let's start with the FUN stuff first!

This is the cutest pattern for little treat bags you ever did see!
QUICK & SEW EASY

It's a free pattern from All People Quilt
You get 4 little bags out of 2 fat quarters!
It's TOP SECRET what our group is making them for.
Will let you know soon.

Remember I told you Apple Butter House
was having a Fall Harvest Sale?

Look what I found!!!!

No holes, rips or stains.
Twin size (55 x 67)

All hand pieced one inch hexes!

The best part.
The unbelievable price!

Don't ya LOVE surprises in the mail?
I sure do, look what came.
Mary Engelbreit's latest cook book.

Full of cute illustrations and delicious recipes.

I can't wait to try this yummy stuffing recipe.
Made in the crock pot, how easy will that be!

Thought I'd leave you with a little glimpse of WI Fall.
Our tree in the front yard.

We sat on the front porch this weekend drinking coffee and eating
the most delicious cranberry-pumpkin bread a friend had dropped off.
I'll share the recipe soon.

Still not able to use my left arm.
Dr wants me to keep it in the sling for another 2 weeks.
He needs to make sure the bone is healed before
I start "pumping iron" LOL
I go back on the 8th for the green light.
Do you realize what you can't do
using only one arm?
I can blow dry my hair but not use my curling iron or back comb.
I can kinda sew with my small machine but not iron.
Sure has slowed me up that's for sure.
I told Hubby maybe he needs to think about a new career
nursing.

Hope this finds you healthy and happy.
Hugs,

3 comments:

  1. What a happy post -- full of happy tidbits! The hexie quilt was quite the find! Enjoy paging through your ME book! Happy Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bags and SOOOOO little fabric, they would be great for Christmas goodies.
    Wow that hexie quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I haven’t already, I’d like to invite you to a link-up event at my place on November 5th and 6th called, The Airing of the Quilts. I’d be pleased if you could join us, and hope you’ll hop over to my blog and grab the party button so you can help me spread the word.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!