Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sweetie Pie was here

Oh my, what a busy week for Grandma.
Our youngest grandbaby, who will be two in July, came to stay for a few days.
Didn't get much work done but had fun playing dolls, puzzles and swinging.
Took her with me to our Guild meeting Thursday night she was a little angel.

Hamming it up for the camera.

It's been warm and humid the last couple days.
Perfect weather to play in my "studio".
I made new pillows for my front porch rockers.
Want to share with you a cheap inexpensive way to make pillow forms.

Cut a piece of quilt batting 1 inch larger than the size pillow you want to make.
Stitch an envelope using 1/2" seams, leaving a 5-6 inch opening.
Turn. Stuff with regular poly stuffing.
Stitch close.  
Makes for a really smooth, lump free pillow.
GREAT use for left over batting and soooo easy to make.

 I know I'm a little early for Halloween but you have to see this quilt.
Kathleen did a fantastic job!

LOOK at all those applique blocks!


The details.

And check out Sue's flower quilt.
Sue added sparkle and button embellishments.
Will have to get the "after" picture.
Love the blue hand dyed background fabric
with that orange!

Well, I'm off to quilt the yellow fan quilt I showed you last week.
I steamed it to an inch of it's life but it's still waving at me.
No way it will lie flat.
Hope to bind it this weekend.

Elkhorn Flea Market is Sunday.....I can't wait.
Have a great week.


A quick note.
Is the font "funny" (all curly) on your screen?
Blogger, for some reason, shows me two different fonts.
Here, on my PC it looks almost unreadable.
On my tablet the font looks correct.
Just hope you can read it.


1 comment:

  1. What a fun post! Loved all the pictures - babies and quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!