Friday, February 6, 2015

Quilt Finish A longtime coming.

 Remember, last January when I said that 2014 was going to be my year of finishes? Well, my oldestst WIP EVER is completely DONE!! The magazine is from Nov 1998. In my defense, this is the second one I've made. I sold the first one right after moving here to WI. I found  an extra set of Santas and thought I may as well use them. plus the scraps from number one. See, I'm not THAT bad..... I did longarm quilt this on NEW Years Day. Thought I would start my year out right.  Used a piece of flannel that I had on hand for the backing. Yep, I forgot the label, shame on me! I'll do that right away. Promise. Debbie Mum would be proud. It features her fabric.  How OLD IS YOUR ""GOTTA GET IT DONE PROJECT?? Sorry  I'm not blogging as regularly as before. But this takes ALOT of work! I'm unable to use my left hand to type plus my spelling skills ..... I hope your holidays were uneventful, in a good way. And whats up in 2015??   I have my Spring" Birdie "stitches" I'm workin on. My next BIG  FINISH.


  

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a wonderful finish! I am a BIG Debbie Mumm fan and I too made this quilt back when the magazine came out. I have hung it every year in my family room next to my Christmas tree. Still a favorite! Right now I'm working on a quilt I started 12 years ago. I think is is my oldest UFO but there may be something else lurking in those plastic bins - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to have a finish!! Love the Santas, they look wonderful! It is a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!