Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine Kisses

Cookies that just SCREAM
Happy Valentine's Day!

Macaroon Kisses

Made these for our "Sew Day" at the Quilt Shop.
They were a BIG-BIG hit,
if you love coconut.
I can't believe how many ladies don't care for it.

The green depression glass cake stand was
given to me by my Grandma Cottrell.
I get my love for pretty dishes from her.

Give them a try. Sweets for your Sweetheart.
The recipe makes about 4 dozen.



Here's the last apron in my give away.
Just leave a comment to enter.
I've had a few emails asking where I find my cute apron fabrics.

The fabric above, both the print and polka dots, is from Hobby Lobby.
The cupcake fabrics were from JoAnn's.
And the Michael Miller "Fifties Kitchen" was from the quilt shop.
The line came out, I guess, 5 years ago?
Available now on EBay.

And for this week's winner...


YEAH PAM!!

On the quilting front....
I'm having machine (longarm) trouble.
Can you believe it?
I had to replace the "mother board"
and a few other electronics.
Of course the warranty ran out last summer.
Just my luck.

I hope the weather is being kinder to you where you're at.
We had a million inches of snow fall the past two days.
As my Grandson says:
"Snow, snow
Go away
Aiden wants to go out to play!"

Have a great Sweethearts Day.
It's the Olive Garden and a girly movie for us.

Hugs,

18 comments:

  1. Love the macaroons--I love the gooey yet crunchy part of the coconut

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE coconut. I can never understand people who don't like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just recently found your blog and truly admire your sewing talents. I haven't sewn since home ec & I can assure you that was many years ago.
    I love the fabric in this apron. So fun.
    Also, these cookies look delicious and so pretty. I must try them.
    Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.
    I hope your snow doesn't stick around too long. Your grandson's little rhyme put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't believe I won! Thanks, Karen. I can't wait to have a Karen Nolte apron. Do I need to send you my address or do you still have it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Pam....
    Oh Karen those cookies sure look yummy....gonna have to try them thanks for the recipe...and my oh my
    I just love that apron print material
    it is so adorable...would love to find some like that one of these days...Have a Blessed day...
    Sweet Blessings....
    Tonja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Karen, these look so good. I will have to make these. Thanks for sharing your recipe and as usual, the aprons and quilts are just too beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day! I love coconut and chocolate together-yum. Your aprons are so cute, and you're so sweet to give them away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great apron! I just love the fabric in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Karen!

    I just got my Apron and it's sooooooo gorgeous!!! Thank you so much! I am going to do a post about Aprons soon and would love to include it! You do beautiful work sweetie and that was so kind of you!! I hope you have a wonderful week! Love this post too! I'll take a cookie to go :)

    Big Hugs and Thanks!! ~ Cynthia ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha ha ha...I finally figured out how to post a comment! Love coconut AND your aprons. Do I have to make one of those aprons in order to make the Valentine Kisses? ...just kidding.
    Maretta
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a charming blog you have! I follow Dot over at Picket's, and saw your blog mentioned in her post today. So glad I stopped on over.
    I will be back! Save me a cup of hot coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmmmm I love homemade cookies! I so admire anyone who can sew..not me..But I think you do one fantastic job! I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I want to make those macaroons for my girles! Like your blog,found it hoppin from Pickets place. Leah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Karen! I found you via Pickets Place and just love your blog. I've retired now and taking up quilting and sewing again. Finding I need lots of practice. Your blog is wonderful. I'll be coming by often. Hope you'll stop by to see me as well.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  15. My first visit to your blog...WOW! I love it and will be back. I have twin grandbabies and have not sewn since they were born. I miss it and would like to get back..maybe try one of your aprons...Thanks for the tutorial. You did a great job there.
    Stop by to see me sometime. I'll be back. I also added myself as "follower".

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just came over from Picket's place. Very cute apron! I can see I'll be visiting again (and again and again).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello
    Really like your site!
    Also your cute aprons and fabric.
    Francine
    huyben@quadro.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!