Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Little of This & That


When was the last time you bought 6 yards of rick rack for 15 cents?
Look at all this lovely bias trim.
....
pink and gray stripes,
teal gingham, red and flower prints.
I almost hate to open the packages.
Gosh, I love to go "junking" opps...
treasure hunting!
How old to you think these are?
From the 50's or earlier?
Who knew Fruit of the Loom made rick rack?



I baked this delicious Apple Cheesecake last month
for our St Louis company.
We liked it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
And coffee, of course.

Click on recipe to enlarge and copy.

Here are a couple quilts that I finished recently.
Both where machine embroidered by my talented
customer, Kathleen.


Santa before
and after the "bling".

And look at this delicate cut out work.

Have I told you I have the best,
most patient, loyal customers
in the whole wide world?


Here's what I've been working on, at night,
in front of the television.

I'm a little late jumping on the yo-yo train.
But with this Clover yo-yo maker it's so quick & easy.

Will surprise you with the finished project.
Soon.


Stay warm.
And keep those sewing machines humming.







1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - looks like my mother's 'box' - full of very old packages of rick rick, bias tapes, and old metal zippers. Yes, probably the 50's 60's.

    I just love that Santa - just too cool with the sunglasses and bling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!