Monday, May 2, 2011

A Happy Quilt

Check out this HAPPY quilt.
It brightens my day just looking at it!
Wish the sun would cooperate and shine 
so I could take decent photos.


This is my customer's original design.
Raw edge applique and lots of
open spaces for quilting
and "bling".




I'll be sure to share the "after bling" photos 
with you.


Feathers, fill, and cross hatching
my favorites.



The solid pink backing really shows off the quilting.



I'm working on my show entry this week.
Going to make bias binding and scallop edges.
Wish me luck.

Went to see the movie "Water for Elephants".
Pretty good.....
of course, the book was much better!
I'm reading "Union Quilters" now
by Jennifer Chiaverini.
I love period novels.
And this one isn't disappointing.

Send some warm weather my way
would ya?

2 comments:

  1. This is over the top SUMMER...and I love it...you tell her - the design is magical...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK we are heading into winter here in New Zealand and it is still very warm!
    Your quilting is so lovely, neat pink backing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!