Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Quilter to the Rescue

Another one of  my "rescued" quilt tops finished.
What a beauty! 


Look how bright and colorful the blocks are.
And that scrappy border!



Check out the cute elephant 
and little pig prints.





The white muslin backing really shows off the quilting.
I used scraps of my reproduction prints for the binding. 


I'm getting ready to machine wash and dry my beauty 
to give it that "wrinkly" vintage feel.
Oh, can't you hear the piecer clapping her hands
 with joy at her finished quilt!
Oh Happy Day!!
********
And this little girl needs a good cleaning.
And oiling.
She's been neglected for a long time.
But she purrrrrs like a kitten.
And has all her parts.


A Craigslist find.
The case is pretty stinky, not sure if I'll be able to save it.
I need to look up her birth date (year) 
she's probably as old as I am!


It's snowing, expecting 3-4 inches.
Mike can hardly keep the walk shoveled.
LOL!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!