Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Oh..the thrill of the hunt!




The bench is made from old barn boards. It is going to look wonderful on my front porch loaded with plants and treasures. And the wooden box. It is an old bankers box. There is writing on the side but no date. I thought it would make a cute serving tray with those neat handles. Can't you see a vintage napkin draped inside with tall glasses of ice tea or lemonade? The salt box is going to hold my quilt marking pens in my studio.


Check out the cute folding chair. It's the perfect size for our little guy. He moved it around the room. First in front of the TV then next to Grandpa's chair. Then outside on the porch. His favorite place to be is "outside". While at the antique fair he flirted with the ladies. Blowing kisses goodbye when we left a booth. Of course, the more they fussed over him the more he talked. He was a real trooper!


Here are the linens I purchased. Each one hand embroidered. Beautiful workmanship. To think someone spend hours stitching these table cloths only to have it sold for $3.00 years later. All are in perfect condition. I use them as table toppers on my dining and coffee tables.

We are sticking close to home this holiday weekend. What with the price of gas! It's $3.99 a gallon here today! Hope the weather holds out so I can get some yard work done. I need to get some geraniums planted. They are my favorite. So hard to kill.


Stay safe,







1 comment:

  1. I'm so thrilled that you're joining our Friday Flea Market! You are on the list for tomorrow. If you need anything just let me know. Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!