Monday, November 10, 2008

Christmas Glogg


I came across this recipe for Christmas cheer at
My Messy Thrilling Life.
Brin tells a charming story of Lady Kathryn Callaway
and the Cranberry Christmas Glogg.
Hubby and I couldn’t resist making a jar.
Every other day he stirs it up fussing about
how good it smells and wanting to take a taste test.
It should be a very merry holiday at our house!


It looks so festive on my kitchen counter!

Later this week I'll post my
Cranberry Nut Bars
(with cream cheese frosting)
recipe for you. Always a big hit.
And my Spiced Cranberries for your
Thanksgiving table.

****************************

Now, on to a project that I started in
June 2005!
Yes, I said 2005.

My thought was to use my Christmas "left overs"
and make a scrappy Star Struck quilt.
A free Bonnie Hunter pattern.

Well, mix it up I did.
To the point of not being able to “see”
the green and red stars.
Waaaay toooo busy.

Sew, what’s a girl to do?
I finished 3 blocks before I saw
the error of my ways.


I’m going to put the 4th block together
this week and make a table runner!

Then, make 2 quilts.
One with red stars, the other with green.
And, of course, I have enough
white & gold 2/½ inch “connector”
squares cut for both.
Or maybe made the center stars red
And border stars green.

Sew many possibilities.....

Have you entered my vintage quilt give away?

5 comments:

  1. The Christmas Glogg recipe sounds awesome, and I love the blocks!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I just love your quilts!!!! i wish i could do that, but i know it would be a big mess! lol love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your blog. I've even tried a couple of your recipes. How's that new little granddaughter doing? Your picture to say you were going to welcome her into the world was adorable. Keep up the great work. I look forward to every post.
    Thanks Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen..
    I finally got the giveaway quilt on my sidebar. I kept trying to put it and it was too big lol but now I figured out how to size it to fit. About the cranberry topping after it's finished can you freeze it? I live the colors on this runner.

    Blessings Lorie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!