Saturday, July 26, 2008

"RANDY" Fest

We went to see Randy Travis last night at our county fair.
Boy, that man can still sing!
He sang all his old favorites and a few from his new cd "Around the Bend".
We left after what we thought was his last song.
But the crowd cheered & yelled for him to sing a few more.
As we were driving out of the parking lot, with windows open,
we could hear him belting out more. A real crowd pleaser.

My favorite Randy song is "Amazing Grace".
Puts a lump in my throat every time.
His "He Walks on Water" was about my Grandpa Cottrell.
Even though Grandpa died when I was young, my grandmother
kept him alive with her wonderful stories.
She spoke of him with such love in her voice.
She believed he walked on water.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!