Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Back to Reality




My quilt show/retreat weekend is over and it took
me all day Monday to recuperate!
The Quilt Expo was outstanding.
We walked around the show for 4 hours.
This by far was my favorite booth
Click on the link and check out her beautiful web site.
Full of vintage buttons, trims and ribbons.
Each of the vignettes were arranged by color.
Her pin cushions are to die for!


These photos were taken from her website.
The booth looked exactly like this!
Here are a few of the treats I found.
Nancy's Notions had 1 yard cuts of fabrics for $5.00.
I thought these Christmas prints would work in well with my stash.

Isn't this just the cutest 4th of July print?
And look at these coffee fabrics!
I am going to make a table runner for "everyday".
I know I have plenty of browns on hand to go with the mix.
Hubby & I are real coffee lovers. We grind beans for every pot.



Here are a few yards of twill tape from the Nifty Thrifty booth.

Plus I bought 2 kits which I was able to finish at the retreat!

One using "Merry & Bright" Christmas fabrics the other

perfect baby colors to match baby girls room.

I will give you retreat details and show you my finished tops tomorrow.

I have to get to work now!



P.S. Hubby & I went to see Burn After Reading with George and Brad. Don't waste your money! The best part of the movie are the ads on TV. So disappointing. And George is tooo skinny.



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!