Friday, September 12, 2008

Fabric, Friends & Food





I'm on the road heading to the Quilt Expo in Madison.
It is the highlight of Fall for me since moving to the area.
Hundreds of quilts on display. Eye candy for the quilter's soul.
Not to mention 140 vendors! Talk about temptation.
Each booth calling to me to stop and take a look.
While there are plenty of lectures and classes
being offered, I am not taking any.
Instead I'm heading for a weekend retreat!
A few of my Sew What sisters and I are
sewing Friday afternoon to Sunday without interruptions!
I am going to make the Oak Leaves & Reel quilt like the one pictured below.
If you remember, I quilted this for a shop sample last May.
All the applique is really a printed panel. So it should go together quickly.
I thought it was the perfect fall quilt to hang in my entry way to say "Welcome".
Beautiful, don't you think?


I wanted to share with you a tote bag I just love!
I filled it with a second set of notions and keep it ready to go just for classes
and retreats. That way I'm not having to pack up every time.
Cuz, of course, I'd always forget something.


I found this cute luggage tag last year at Expo.
Wonder what I'll find this time?
Don't worry, I'll share all my goodies.
Nancy's Notions Tote

Handy pockets are great for notions and tools on the go! Four zipper pockets. insert easily by hook and loop tape along center spine.

A balanced diet is having a cookie in each hand!

I baked chocolate chip cookies to take to retreat. They're always a hit.

Just for something a little different
I added a bag of Reese's peanut butter chips along with the chocolate chips.
Talk about good! Here's my favorite recipe.


Have a great weekend! See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!