Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Last Taste of Summer



It was a busy weekend. Our sweet baby boy is growing up so fast.
We sang the “ABC” song all weekend and now I can’t get it out of my head.
His vocabulary grows with every visit. I’m amazed.
He and his buddy, Bo-Bo, the dog, are so entertaining!


On Sunday, my friend Kathie and I, took a road trip to
Pecatonica, Illinois.
It is about a hour drive depending on what scenic route you take.
The “Pec Thing” Antique & Flea Market is one of the largest in the area.
Over 400 sellers inside and out!
We walked around for 6 hours and still didn’t see everything.
Oh, but what bargains we found.
Beautiful hand embroidered linens, dishes, vintage aprons.
One vendor had 75% off everything in his booth
and Kathie bought 3 complete sets of her Blue Willow dish pattern,
still in the original box, for less than $4 a set.
Needless to say, two trips to the car thru out the day
was needed to unload our goodies.
My treasures include a drying rack, display cabinet,
vintage pillow cases, dresser scarf and two child size aprons.
Oh, the thrill of the hunt!

The weather has been beautiful here in Wisconsin
(into the 80’s during the day and cool at night).
I know other bloggers are decorating for Fall, but I just can’t.
I’m not ready to give up summer yet!
No matter what the silly calendar says.
Because you can’t fool me this year.
I know what comes after the spectacular change of color…..white.

A quilt show on Friday......I've been busy with customer quilts.
Today is Tuesday, the 23rd, no matter what the blog posting date says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!