Friday, September 26, 2008

Pumpkins, Flowers & Quilts


Oh, I’m sorry I’m late. I meant to post early this morning but
I’ve been sooo busy getting ready for our weekend trip.
We are going to visit our 3 “older” grandbabies.
Thank goodness I baked all those chocolate chip cookies a few weeks ago!


Look at the cute plates I found at Wal-Mart ($3.97) to put the cookies on.
And the little pumpkin filled with flowers is from JoAnn's.
All their floral arrangements are half price.
This little cutie was under $5.00.
Perfect hostess gifts.

Check out this beauty. An authentic 1930’s scrap quilt.
I mean scrappy!
The binding is half finished as you can see in the picture.
I plan to finish up the hand work tonight while I watch
the presidential debate. I'm so glad McCain didn't back out.
I'm anxious to hear what they both have to say.
This quilt top was found by a friend
who was cleaning out her parents house.
She put it in the washer/dryer before giving it to me.
This caused the seams to get "lumpy"
and some of the fabrics to shrink.
While this made it more difficult to quilt,
I think it turned out fabulous!
A large meandering, to hold the
3 layers together, was all it needed.
I used muslin for the back and binding.
Look at these lovely vintage prints!
Just beautiful examples of the era.
I couldn't decide which one was my favorite.
How about you?
This next two photos are customer quilts I did this week.
Lin is going to applique white wool
dandelions in the 3 strips. And scallop the edges.
I put curved feathers in the border,
and butterflies and roses in the squares.
Millie used gorgeous African prints.
She has quite the collection!
I quilted an overall pattern using gold thread.
Well, that's all I have for now.
I'm taking my snowman quilt to work on in the car.
I'll share the pattern and all the details next week.
But let me warn you. Your going to want to make one.
It's THAT cute.
I quilted one for a customer and just fell in love with the pattern.
Did I just write SNOW?
The weather here is still beautiful and warm.
Perfect to spend outside with children.
Playing in the leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!