Friday, September 5, 2008

Magazines & Baking

Are you a Country Woman reader? I love this magazine!
Mainly because the recipes are "ingredients in your cupboard" simple.
And they feature everyday women.
Someone you could sit down and have a cup of coffee with.
This month's issue features Fall comfort food.
Soups, stews, quick breads and a delicious looking peanut butter brownie.
Put me in the baking mood. Not to mention the weather. Cool and rainy.
The overcast sky, letting me know, winter is on it's way.


My favorite pumpkin bread recipe makes 3 loaves.
I'm taking them to our Sew Whats meeting today
so I left out the nuts and raisins. Which I usually add.
We like our bread "fully loaded" just like our chocolate chip cookies.


Blog land is talking about the Artful Blogging magazine.
And of course, I just had to check it out.
Packed full of colorful photographs and
interviews with some of the most popular blog-gals on line.
Interesting stories. Lots of talented ladies out there.
Published by Somerset Studios, it's pricey at $14.99.

And last but not least, my FAVORITE comedian. John Pinette.
If you haven't seen him your missing out on some good clean fun.
John is hysterical!
This cd makes me belly laugh no matter how many times I hear it.
Here is a You-Tube video about standing in line.
You have to see his facial expressions!
While living in Vegas, we went to see him every time he was in town.
He never disappoints.

I'm off to my monthly "Sew Whats" meeting.

I can't wait to see how many gals finished their "trust me" quilt.






1 comment:

  1. Hi, Karen! I enjoy reading your blog. Would you share you recipe for the pumpkin bread? Thanks. Pam - Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!