Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Finally, a minute to write. I've been so busy with customer
quilts, Sew What business, and family.
Speaking of family, DDIL called and said it won't be
long before baby girl makes her appearance.
She had her weekly Dr appointment today.
My bag is packed, and my project ready.
Here is what I'm working on.
"Winter Wonderland" #408
by Crabapple Hill.
I told the gals at the quilt shop I'm on the four year plan.
It will take me 2 years to do the embroidery work.
One year to piece the blocks and set it together.
Finished size 64" x 71".
And another year to get it quilted and bound.
I have quilted 2 of these for customers
and loved the combination of piecing & embroidery.



I am making mine in blue and white instead of the red.

Here is the latest in embroidery hoops.
It is so much better than the old tension hoops.
With this one you tighten and loosen it using a knob.

The best thing is your thread can’t get caught.
It’s by Clover, as is the needle threader.
And boy, do I need that needle threader!
I couldn't stitch without it.


In place of embroidery floss I’m using Sulky #12 in variegated blue.

One strand is all you need.

While I was working on my needlework
my granddaughter started a project of her own.
She cut and sewed felt pieces together to make a purse.
She was so creative with appliquéd hearts and a pocket.
I showed her how to do a running stitch
and tie a knot “one handed”.
We had so much fun chatting and stitching.

I’m going to look for stamped cross stitch for
her to do on our next visit.


Here is grandson #2. He is such a cutie with his blond hair.
He loves to be outdoors.
He wants to grow up and be a “hunter man” like his Dad.


Here’s my oldest grandson who fought having his picture taken.
He's at that age, you know.
If he’s not playing ball,
baseball, basketball, football or soccer
he’s playing video games.


I'm quilting a customer's witch quilt that is so darn cute.

I want one!

Wait til you see the pictures on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!